
"Its been a long time since I make some mixtape, I still listen so many new sounds from so many new bands, but I just have no time to compile them into one mixtape. I don’t even planning to make an annual mixtape, but some weeks ago, Diantra Irawan, vocalist of Hollywood Nobody and a mixtape enthusiast asked me to make a mixtape along with other enthusiasts like Dimas Ario and Ed Sandi, and I think, why not?
Mixtape is very personal taste, just like your clothes or the taste of your toothpaste, so it’s not about the chart-topper hits or platinum records, it’s about what I’m listen to almost the entire year. And this year I heard so many bands, in particular in form of boy-girl duo, making a nostalgic pop like 60s girl group, the example is Summer Camp, which is my ultimate band crush of the year and that’s why i make them as the opener and the last track of the mixtape.
My mixtape is basically a collection of nostalgic sounds. I like the idea of no matter what year we live in, we could look behind and remember all that hazy things that we leave behind, and after all I’m kinda nervous with 2012, you know…the Doomsday things, so I just wanna to look back to the past, like a split seconds before you die.
I don’t give description about each songs or even the playlist, I just gonna attach some picture about the bands/musician I’ve include in this mixtape :)"-RRR
DOWNLOAD MIX
0 comments:
Post a Comment